All You Need to Protect Your Eyes From an Eye Doctor in Columbus Ohio
At Grove City Vision Center, we treat a variety of eye conditions that cause symptoms ranging from mild irritation and discomfort to difficulty in seeing. We offer several treatment options for things like dry eyes, computer vision syndrome and blue vision protection. Blue light can contribute to digital eye strain, and your eye doctor in Columbus Ohio may prescribe computer glasses that help increase comfort by blocking the blue light.
We treat every patient uniquely, and know that what you need for good eyesight is different than what the next patient needs. We never fall into the rut of treating all patients the same because we know all eyes are different, and your preferences and budgets are unique to you.
Important Information About Blue Light
Almost one-third of all visible light is defined as blue light, or high-energy visible light. Some things you may not know about blue light:
- Sky Color – HEV light rays can change the way the sky looks and cause it to look blue.
- Blocking – The eye lacks the ability to block all blue light.
- Digital Eye Strain – Blue light is a big culprit in patients that deal with digital eye strain.
- Cataracts – Protecting the eyes from blue light is extremely important after cataract surgery.
- Macular Degeneration – Blue light can cause increased risk of macular degeneration.
- Positive – Some blue light is good for your health.
Blue light filters and protective eyewear may be used to protect the eyes from the effects of blue light. We can help you choose the right option for your needs and determine the best way to keep your eyes comfortable and healthy all day.